Steps to Leadership is a three-stage package of leadership development programming that offers communities and organizations the opportunity to develop a new generation of leaders. The package has been developed by a provincial collaborative including the Rural Ontario Institute, 4H Ontario and the Foundation for Rural Living, and funding through the federal government.
What are the benefits to Muskoka?
Steps to Leadership provides the tools, knowledge and networks to build strong individual leaders ... who in turn build strong organizations, strong local economies and communities. Local, affordable and quality leadership training opportunities will enable leaders and emerging leaders in Muskoka to develop their potential and become instrumental in bringing positive, innovative change to our community.
How is the Program organized?
The Package includes three distinct programs:
• The Step Up to Leadership Workshop will inspire next generation leaders between the ages of 16 and 25 years to get involved in Muskoka. (Up to 25 participants)
• Leading Edge: First Steps is a skills-based training program that focuses on personal leadership development and organizational development. This program is for those already involved in the community as well as those who need to build confidence to get involved.
(Up to 25 participants)
• Leading Edge: Next Steps has a community development focus and targets current leaders. Participants will enhance their ability to assess opportunities, and to better plan and develop a more economically sustainable community. (Up to 25 participants)
How can we bring this opportunity to Muskoka?
The Arts Council of Muskoka is prepared to act as lead partner organization and administrator for the Steps to Leadership Program. While the Rural Ontario Institute is subsidizing the program to ensure the opportunity reaches all of those communities interested in fostering local leadership, a community investment is required.
Total Program Cost $40,450
Community Investment $10,000
We are seeking assistance from community organizations, groups, businesses and individuals to help us bring this program to Muskoka through Program sponsorship.
Request for Sponsorship
The entire program package, including the three program components, project co-ordination & administration, marketing and outreach, is valued at over $40,450:
$23,450 (57.5%) from Steps to Leadership Program
$7,000 (17.5%) from participant registration fees*
$10,000 (25%) from the community investment
*There is an opportunity to receive a further program subsidy of up to 50% of registration fees
We are seeking assistance from community organizations, groups, businesses and individuals to help us bring this program to Muskoka. We strongly urge you to invest in the leaders of tomorrow through program sponsorship.
A Benefit of Sponsorship
All sponsors will be invited to nominate a representative to sit on a Local Steering Committee. Through involvement on this Committee you will have the opportunity to shape the program and tailor it to the Muskoka situation. Committee members will play a role in:
- identifying potential program participants
- suggesting presenters to deliver the content of the programs
- marketing the programs to their networks and organizations contacts
- championing the programs
- recommending potential program venues
You will be joined on the Committee by key sector leaders representing the economic/business, agricultural, educational, tourism, environmental, political or youth sectors.
For further information on Steps to Leadership Sponsorship contact:
Arts Council of Muskoka